Launch of X-ray Astronomy Satellite "ASTRO-H" by H-IIA Launch Vehicle No. 30
December 11, 2015 (JST)
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
National Research and Development Agency
Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) decided to launch the H-IIA Launch Vehicle No. 30 (H-IIA F30) with the X-ray Astronomy Satellite “ASTRO-H" onboard in the following schedule.
To capitalize on the excess launch capability of the H-IIA F30, we will also provide launch and orbit injection opportunities for small secondary payloads (piggyback payloads).
- Scheduled date of Launch:
- February 12 (Friday), 2016 (Japan Standard Time)
- Launch time:
- 5:45 thru 6:30 p.m. (Japan Standard Time) (*)
- Launch window:
- From Feb. 13 (Sat.) thru 29 (Mon.), 2016 (JST)
- Launch site:
- Yoshinobu Launch Complex at the Tanegashima Space Center
* Launch time will be set for each launch day if the launch is delayed.