The Precipitation Radar (PR) aboard the Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) satellite completed its post-mission operation on October 7, 2014 (UTC.) The TRMM has been in its 17th year of operation, well exceeding its design life expectancy of three years and two months.
The H-IIA Launch Vehicle No. 25 with the Geostationary Meteorological Satellite "Himawari-8" onboard lifted off at 2:16 p.m. on October 7, 2014 (Japan Standard Time) from the Tanegashima Space Center.
- Oct. 17, 2014 [International Space Station (ISS) / Kibo Site]JAXA PCG (Second session of the second series) has started
- Oct. 16, 2014 [International Space Station (ISS) / Kibo Site]JAXA Astronaut Activity Report, August, 2014
- Oct. 9, 2014 [JAXA President Monthly Press Conference] JAXA President Monthly Regular Press Conference September 2014
- Oct. 7 (16:00) [release]Launch Success of H-IIA Launch Vehicle No. 25 with "Himawari-8" Onboard
- Oct. 5 (14:00) [release]Launch Time and Window of H-IIA Launch Vehicle No. 25 with "Himawari-8" onboard
- Sep. 30 (13:00) [release]Provision of Data on Mt. Ontake DAICHI-2 Emergency Observation
- Sep. 30 (12:00) [release]Launch of "Hayabusa2" by H-IIA Launch Vehicle No. 26
- Sep. 5 (14:00) [release]Candidates for Japanese Space Food selected
Topics in Your Area
This is where you can find reports and information about JAXA missions based on your area such as country, region and interests. We are promoting international collaboration and contributing to the world as a leading aerospace institution.
Topics by Region
Topics by Theme
JAXA offers images from its large collection on this site. Please refer to the user’s guide and site policy before you use them.